Followers

Wednesday, April 21, 2021

My New Cattle Panel Tunnel Greenhouse

I Named It 'The Salad House'


When our son came to visit in Feb. 2021, he and his father built me a wonderful place to garden. Here are some photos of its beginnings. 






Now, in April, we are eating delightful, delicious salads from The Salad House. I plant in sturdy plastic tubs that sit on concrete blocks two high with boards running across to support the containers. We filled with our own mixture of soil and planted lettuce, radishes, green onions, bok choy, kohlrabi, dwarf peas and strawberries, Now I am adding cucumbers, Minnesota Midget melons, two large tubs of sweet potatoes, egg plant and peppers. 






I am planning to add more photos as I go along. Everything in this special place will be an experiment for me. I will try to show the failures as well as the wins. 

No comments:

Post a Comment