Followers

Monday, April 8, 2019

RAIN, Rain And More Rain

Steady, non-stop, wet, cold rain. We have lakefront property again for the second time this year. The rivers are flooding and I just learned of two highway closures nearby. Oh, Joy! It must be April. 


Here is an early blooming shrub. Japanese Pieris or Lily-Of-The-Valley bush. I think this one may be Pieris Katsura. 


All of the Pieris shrubs grow and flower well here on the Oregon Coast. 

I have not been able to take photos of my new chickens for two reasons. One, we have been very sick for the past two weeks with that horrible coughing flu. Now that we are better, it is raining with very few breaks. Flooding, as I mentioned above.

But, I want to share with you my Harvey. He has been invited to Easter dinner and is hanging around the dining room as we speak. 

 
I have been quilting lots lately. I never seem to get enough quilting time. I just have to take it and be selfish sometimes. Here is a quilt that is very addictive once you start it. It is a huge scrap buster, too. I follow Mary's Chicken Scratch blog and she gave us the instructions for this Bulls Eye quilt that was first introduced in her and Connie's book called Aunt Marthas Quilts.


Now I am working on my challenge quilt for the quilt show in July. I need to get going so I can it off the cutting table. I need that space.

I will leave you with a table runner quilt with appliqued baskets that looks just right for Easter. It is for sale in my Etsy shop here.


No comments:

Post a Comment