Followers

Friday, June 16, 2017

A RAINY OREGON JUNE

 Single roses hold up better in the rain because the weight of the water doesn't drag them down. There are not nearly as many 'catch basins' in a single rose and it will hold it's head up and still be pretty in the misty June days here on the Oregon coast.

 My friend entered my garden one day and said...."Where did you get my Little German Rose? I thought my mother-in-law and I were the only people who had it." You see, her MIL had lovingly brought a cutting home all the way from Germany, got it started and then gave another rooted cutting to her daughter in law. However, she also gave a cutting to her neighbor, my gardening friend, who gave a cutting to me. And, so it goes. We gardeners like to share. 



 The artwork on this antique photo album cover reminds me of my single pink rose. 


The interior artwork is so pretty, too. Vintage wedding photos or vintage family photos in those old sepia tones would be perfect for this antique album. 





To see this antique photo album in my Etsy shop, follow the link below



Bye for now. See you when the sun shines.

2 comments:

  1. Great information Sue!

    I too love old single roses...

    Cool weather today in Maine to run the heat!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should send you a cutting.
      I think we are going to see the sun today. Yipee!

      Delete